This car was sent to us for restoration by the new owner with the aluminium boat fixed upside down to rear as seen in the first photo after being purchased from Tom Laferriere, Rhode Island, USA. The car originally left factory as 1508-1035 Limousine through Earle C Anthony Inc of Los Angeles 21 August 1937.
We discussed various options for the new coachwork and after seeing the beautiful proportions of the Le-Baron dual cowl from early 1930's the owner asked if we could make the car in that style. With differences in the 1937 chassis such as engine position and independent front suspension, a wood specialist suggested using computer aided design for the very complicated timber frame which he has personally hand crafted in American ash. The engine and chassis were complete but worn out and these we have rebuilt with many hours of help from Peter Prove.
Many chassis and engine parts have been supplied by Fred Brunner of Max Merrit The Bronze windscreen came in kit form from Don Sommer of American Arrow Corp we have braze welded it together to fit our coach work. The engine has new white metal by Terry Formals which included crack testing and balancing.